A fresh look would be great!! I like the club rides and the public rides on the front page. Easier access to the weekly rides would be helpful. Also, if the "chart" for the weekly ride schedule could be more clear, that would be great, too. Before today, I have never, ever, ever used the forums. So, if we lost those, I would not miss them.
Most of what I would say has already been mentioned. The top things would be:
1) Easier to find today's ride info.
2) Usable on mobile.
I'd put a link in the header on each page pointing to a "Today's ride" page that would show start point, time, and ride leader(s) contact info. Plus members-only links to maps and GPS. Bonus would be on-page forum so we can check in for weather updates, confirm who's going, etc.
I like the slideshow, but would it be possible to create an archive of pictures that could be accessed individually and downloaded?
In find the website easy enough to navigate, for my purposes, which are generally finding maps, registering for events, and using these forums.
Thank you for the "Sell Gear" forum!
I'm not a fan of slideshows, particularly on the front page, and especially when I see a picture of myself that someone took without my knowledge and sent up to the club. I would prefer a picture gallery on another page, and the option to request that a picture be deleted.
I would request that the Sunday ride information, including links to maps, NOT be deleted each week. If a ride is rained out and you want to do it another time, it would nice to be able to go back and find that map.
Recommended things to keep in mind going forward;
* Strive to make each weekday ride page look & navigate in the same way
* not sure that having each ride as an event that shows up on the home page adds much value. With all the mid-week rides, and only limited slots available, sometimes a weekend ride doesn't show up as an event till late in the week. Might be good to cut back on the number of events that show up on the homepage so that perhaps you could see the coming weekend's Sunday ride, and the following, too.
* Wherever possible, avoid duplicitous information. Example, pace descriptions on multiple pages.
Good luck - whatever you do, I am sure it will be nice! Thanks!
1. When we sign up for a Sunday ride, we are asked which distance we plan to ride and what level (A, B, C, Alt-C, Social) rider we are. But on that Sunday's ride status page, this information is not provided. If possible, could this information be listed along with the members doing the ride so we can see if there will be other members we can ride with. Currently the members that are listed as doing the ride communicate with each other on our Facebook group to sort this out, but there are many members who haven't (and will never) join Facebook. And as always, stress that all riders print out the ride map and/or the turn-by-turn list, or download the GPS route for the ride because there are no ride leaders for the Sunday rides.
2. If Wild Apricot provides such a feature, we need a forum on the website like the Facebook group or the old Yahoo group where we can quickly communicate about the rides and the ride status so that those members who do not wish to join Facebook can get updates and share information on the rides. The current discussion facility appears to be too cumbersome. (BTW, Yahoo recently has shut down Yahoo!Groups. Most of the former Yahoo groups have moved to "groups.io".)
3. I don't understand why some members are having such a hard time finding the links to the maps and the routes on RideWithGPS, but perhaps the website can send an email reminder for each ride and its current status that includes the links.
Add a page where people can review suggestions for clothing (summer and winter) and why we wear what we wear.
Add a section where we can post fitness suggestions for cycling. (winter workouts, strength and stretching exercises for cycling.
Things that newbies need to know.
Add Safety videos to website (Bike Advocacy has some)
Could we try Twitter for ride cancellations?