Other Volunteer Opportunities
Online Event Management (OPEN)
- Creating and maintaining the weekend and signature events on Wild Apricot, then the e-mails automatically get distributed. Details needed: event title, date, time, location, description, link to maps. Weekday rides are not created on Wild Apricot since registration is not needed.
Route Map Creator/Manager (OPEN)
- Create and maintain current route maps used by Ride Leaders for weekday and weekend rides.
CTC Store (Amy Jackson and Jackie LoPresti)
- There is a pre-order form on the website. When members are interested, they will e-mail their completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you get 10 completed pre-order forms for jerseys, and/or five order forms for jackets, alert our vendor DNA Cycling to open the CTC Store so members can place their order.
- Once you see a few orders come in, start sending e-mails to the rest of the members encouraging them to complete a pre-order form for jerseys and jackets. This is so you can meet the minimum quantity goal and open the store.
- This is typically done once or twice a year, depending on demand.
Donation Requests Manager (Stephen Friedman)
- Once a year, the Club makes a donation to various bike organizations. The person managing donation requests will need to e-mail the members requesting their ideas for organizations to donate to. Ideas can be shared on an open forum of our website. Then, a vote will need to be set up to select the top few organizations. Finally, an announcement needs to go out announcing the organizations CTC will be donating to.
E-mail Monitoring (Jackie LoPresti) ✉
- Respond to e-mails or forward them to the right person to answer member and non-member questions.
Google Event Calendar (Jackie LoPresti) ✉
- Many of these events can be duplicated to the next year. Make sure these events are updated with the correct starting times, dates, locations, registration link to the weekend events, link to the ride leader pages, etc. This only takes a few hours to complete once a year. During the ride season, there are occasional changes.
- This is a February/March project since that’s when the Ride Leader Coordinator will gather the Ride Leaders to plan their weekday rides, and also plan the weekend rides.
Ride Leader Coordinator (Andy Powell) ✉
- Recruiting ride leaders for all rides.
- Orient / train ride leaders.
- Manage / revise Sunday rides.
- Confirm dates and leads for signature rides.
- Ensure ride leader pages are updated with the date, ride time changes, route changes / updates, etc. by January/February.
- Get info to calendar manager to post by February.
- Track any ride incidents.
Social Media (Jackie LoPresti) ✉
- Managing our CTC Facebook Page and Group.
- Keep members updated of what’s going on.
- Post Examples: When you can renew your membership, when the ride calendar is posted, advertise for upcoming signature rides, post photos from events, etc. You can refer to past posts to see examples of content.
- We typically post updates a few times a month, especially during the ride season.