We invite you to ride with us on Zwift, which is a virtual indoor cycling app. It's a great way to stay motivated while training alongside fellow CTC members. These are no drop rides, so you don't need to be at a certain level to ride.
GET STARTED ON ZWIFT
- Zwift offers a free 14-day trial. After that, it's $14.99 a month and you can cancel at any time. You can cancel at anytime. Here is a "get started” link to Zwift for your convenience. Why Zwift?
- Click here for what you need to ride on Zwift, including a list of Zwift compatible classic trainers and smart trainers.
- Zwift Insider is a wealth of searchable knowledge about Zwift!
- Download the ZWIFT Companion app to your mobile device from the Apple Store or Android Play Store.
Get announcements about when the rides are by joining the Zwift WhatsApp Group. These are just announcements from the ride leaders to the group. This group is not set up as a chat box with back and forth conversation.
Zwift has a lot of riding options. You can ride alone or on a Zwift group ride (like CTC). A CTC group ride is known as a Meetup. Zwift Meetups allow Zwifters to arrange their own rides, taking some of the guess work out of coordinating with friends in the Zwift virtual universe.
Several CTC members host no-drop Zwift group rides throughout the indoor riding season. On these rides, everyone stays together regardless of power output. You’ll be able to draft and move around in the group without fear of being dropped unless you stop pedaling. That means A, B, C, and social riders can all ride in the same group AND STAY TOGETHER.
Zwift CTC ride leaders usually host several Meetups during a given week. On week nights, Meetups usually start between 6:00 - 7:00 pm with a ride duration of one hour. The Saturday and Sunday Meetups are held in the morning, usually between 8:00 - 8:30 am, covering a full route (1.5 - 2 hours) instead of a set time period.
ACCEPT A MEETUP INVITATION BY USING THE ZWIFT COMPANION APP
You can only be invited to a Meetup if you FOLLOW the ride leader on Zwift. Use the Zwift Companion app to find and follow the CTC ZWIFT ride leaders below using their ZWIFT IDs:
- Ray Kirchner CTC/CLE
- Jim Pintchuk CTC/CLE
- Enter "CTC/CLE" to your Zwift ID; be sure to SAVE/APPLY the change (this enables other CTC members to easily find and follow you).
- Use the Companion app to accept an invitation via the Meetup view found in the events menu. You can only ride in the Meetup if you accept the invitation from the ride leader, and you can only accept an invitation using the companion app.
20 Minutes Prior to Ride Time
- Start your ZWIFT app on your laptop or other device. MAKE SURE YOU ARE RUNNING THE LATEST ZWIFT UPDATE -- Apple and Windows computers will automatically prompt to update. On other platforms, you might have to go to the Apple Store or Android Play Store and check for updates.
- After pairing your trainer and gear, click the RIDE button.
- When the screen with your avatar appears, click the JOIN button, which will appear about five minutes prior to start time. Pedal to warm-up while the timer counts down to zero.
- Open your Zwift Companion app for easier interactions while riding.
For questions, contact Ray Kirchner or Jim Pintchuk.
Enjoy your ride!