CTC Riding with COVID-19 Guidelines
As COVID-19 restrictions begin to be lifted across the country, CTC is looking forward to getting back to riding. CTC group rides will begin effective June 15, 2020; however, rider health and safety is still our primary objective. The following mitigation guidelines are aligned with USA Cycling recommendations and must be followed for CTC Group Rides, based on the current situation:
1. All riders should check their temperature before arriving at a group ride. If you are not well, or don’t feel well, or have been exposed to COVID-19, do not show up!
2. Riders will be asked to sign an updated waiver addressing risks associated with COVID-19. Ride leaders will maintain this document.
3. GPS is the preferred option for ride navigation. If GPS is not available, there will be a map link on the CTC Ride Calendar for riders to print out the ride map/cue sheet at home, prior to the ride. No cue sheets will be handed out at the ride.
4. All riders should carry a mask and hand sanitizer with them in case a need arises to use during the ride, as both are easily transported.5. Social distancing rules of 6 feet minimum should be followed for both pre and post-ride.
6. Riders should ride side-by-side or keep a minimum distance of 10 - 20 feet between riders. If any rider needs to sneeze, blow their nose, cough, etc. they should drop back so no one is in your slipstream.
7. All Group rides will start out in groups of 8 riders. If more than 8 riders show up, break into additional groups of 8 riders maximum. A ride leader is required in each group. If no ride leader is available or no one wants to lead the ride then this is no longer a club sanctioned ride and is NOT covered by our insurance.
8. No food stops prior to, during or after group rides. All riders should carry water and nutrition needed for each ride so sharing is not needed.
9. Each rider should carry any needed tools, equipment and clothing so sharing is not needed.